In November, Fake Criterions celebrates its second (!?!) anniversary. Again, we will be doing a contest. The theme?
CAGE MATCH - The Films of Nicolas Cage
ANYTHING in the fellow’s filmography is fair game- good, not-so-good, whatever. It just has to be a Nicolas Cage film.
Our Judges (in alphabetical order):
- Molly Eichel, Philadelphia Daily News
- Jake Fogelnest (jakefogelnest.com), Sirius XMU, The Fogelnest Files
- Lacey Mitcalef, lulinternet
- Paul Scheer (paulscheer.com), NTSF:SD:SUV, The League, How Did This Get Made
- Chris Sims, Batmanologist & Senior Writer- Comics Alliance
The Prizes: TBA
- ONE entry per person, so choose your film wisely and design it creatively.
- E-MAIL ENTRIES ONLY. You can tag it on Tumblr if you’d like, but only entries received via email will be considered. Send them to fakecriterions[at]gmail.com, with the subject line “Fake Criterions Cage Match.”
- ONLY THOSE ENTRIES RECEIVED VIA EMAIL BETWEEN 12:00AM NOV. 7 AND 11:59PM NOV. 28 WILL BE CONSIDERED.
We’ll announce and post the winners and other entries in early December, after the judges have time to pick their favorites.
Special thanks to Zach Osif and Brice Baum for their wonderful Cages for our poster. Want to download a copy? Here’s the PDF.
The fine folks at Criterion have nothing to do with this. They only provide inspiration for this little joke site and we are certain that they have far more important things to do with their time.